~ Making the strange familiar and the familiar strange ~
Spring 2017 Meeting Time: Fridays 5:00 PM in BLB060
We are a group of students at the University of North Texas in Denton. We focus on educating ourselves and others about the four fields of anthropology, and how they are relevant to our daily lives.
We spend our time giving back to our community (on and off campus), holding events for fellow students, and exploring new ways to have fun.
If you're at UNT, feel free to come hangout! All Anthro majors, minors, and enthusiasts are welcome. :)
Feel free to email us with any comments or questions - firstname.lastname@example.org
1. General announcements and ~ celebration ~ in honor of ASA winning Student Organization of the Month!
2. Life After College report back: Those who went can share lessons learned, favorite parts, great tips, etc.
3. ExtravaCANza: Share all final info, update on final design, decide when/where to meet March 1st.
4. Adopt-A-Block: Pick a day for March.
5. Oklahoma trip: Update everyone with any new info, pass sign up sheet, talk about camping materials and waiver (which will be provided March 20th).
6. Himalayan Aroma: Final head count for carpooling Saturday.
We'll meet 2-3 more times to clean our Adopt-a-Block spot this semester.
Join us in keeping UNT green and hanging out afterwards. :)
If you'd like to sign up to help, email email@example.com
come to a meeting!
(We meet each Wednesday, 7pm, in LANG 114)
As events like Meet an Anthropologist and Life After College get closer, we're going to be advertising by posting fliers everywhere we can!
Here are some guidelines about where is appropriate to do your fliering.
At UNT, only post:
- in buildings on bulletin boards (that allow all fliers; some boards allow only their department to post)
- in buildings where you see other fliers
- outside where you see other fliers Do not post:
- on windows
- in bathrooms
- on walls in classrooms
- on department only boards
- Big Mike's
- The Square (if posting in building, ask permission first)
- Recycled Books ~ if you're unsure about somewhere, just ask! ~
Campecine is February 9th, in Crumley Hall, 10am-3pm.
Come enjoy this youth-led film festival :)
If you're helping out, expect an email very soon!
If you would like to help out, let us know at tomorrow's meeting OR
send a quick email to firstname.lastname@example.org!
ExtravaCANza is March 1st, Library Mall, 10am-2pm!
BRING ALL YOUR CANS & NON-PERISHABLES TO:
1. ASA Meetings
2. ANTH Department
3. PACS Advising Office
:) :) :)
We also need ideas for what to build out of cans, and lots of people to help build it.
Email email@example.com if you can help with either one (or both!) of these things.
Or you can always bring it up at the le meeting. :)
February 6th Agenda:
1. General announcements from members, officers and visitors from other dimensions? 2. Finalize Campecine: Where are we meeting, who is participating, call members, etc… 3. ExtravaCANza. BRING CANS to the Anthropology Department. We will talk can structure designs. 4. Oklahoma trip: Talk about cost, who has what materials, drivers. 5. Fundraising: We need to pick a fundraising event and set a goal asap if we want to go to OK and not be completely broke. 6. Adopt-a-block/bowling night: Who is going and cost. 7. Review signup sheets for tabling, fliering; go over fliering etiquette (can find the document in the Facebook files) 8. Reminders for LAC (February 20th), MAA (April 10th); Hand out any event fliers
Remember! We meet Wednesdays, 7pm, LANG 114. :) Bring cans, membership forms, and dues! See y'all tomorrow! Ashley Givens, University Relations